Speak to a CTV Expert

    Let’s talk! We’re eager to help you get started on Connected TV. First we need some basic info

    Great - what's your title and where do you work?

    1. We recommend a starting budget of over $10,000 to generate optimal campaign performance.

    We need just a little more detail...

    Perfect - now tell us about your current situation

    We love agencies! What kind are you?

    Last but not least, what are you interested in?

    1. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    That's all we need — we'll be in touch shortly.

    Connected TV

    Streaming Services Account for 45% of TV Ad Views

    Your destination for the latest CTV stats, trends, and insights.

    Streaming Services Account for 45% of TV Ad Views

    2 Min Read

    At the recent FreeWheel Council for Premium Video meeting, which focused on the recent evolution of TV and streaming video, industry experts discussed what the TV advertising world might look like going forward. According to Sabrina Alimi, Director of Advisory services at FreeWheel, streaming services now account for 45% of ad views, in part because streaming can add incremental reach for advertisers. This growth is also due to the recent influx of big networks that have been joining the Connected TV game—this year saw streaming services like Peacock and Paramount+ added to the lineup, and CNN+ is expected to launch in the first quarter of 2022. 

    Another topic the council focused on was the increased need for accurate cross-device measurement as consumers continue to adopt streaming services to watch their favorite TV content. Right now, 75% of streaming ad views still happen on TV screens, with mobile and desktop splitting the other 25%. As more services and devices are added in the coming years, cross-screen measurement will be vital in helping advertisers understand the results of their campaigns. And, as stated during the meeting by Casey Gould, Senior Vice President of Ad Sales at Crown Media, “It’s incumbent on us to find where our viewers are and where they want to consume content.”

    Connected TV in the News

    Execs Grade the TV Industry on How It Tackled Measurement
    Adweek
    Measurement was one of this year’s biggest challenges in the television advertising industry. TV’s top execs, sales chiefs and ad buyers weigh in on the marketplace’s evolution and reflect on the challenges, successes and breakthroughs through the year past.

    Top CTV Trends to Look Out For in 2022
    MNTN
    2021 was a great year for CTV, with more people than ever cutting the cord and viewership skyrocketing across streaming services. And, even though people are returning to pre-pandemic levels of socializing, the TV habits they formed are still sticking around.

    Can Hulu Maintain Its Connected-TV Advertising Dominance?
    The Motley Fool
    Hulu is the dominant force in CTV advertising. It brought in $2.1 billion over the past 12 months, and eMarketer thinks that number is even higher, expecting it to generate $3.1 billion this year.

    Get the Latest Connected TV News, Right to Your Inbox

    Why not receive our Connected TV advertising report, right to your inbox? Just enter your email below and you’ll never be out of the CTV / OTT marketing loop again.